Friday, February 6, 2009

A DEATH ENCOUNTER

A DEATH ENCOUNTER

I abhor death,

Who can help repress its ugly hand!

When its fingers beckon you to follow

There’s no resiliency

Is death a retribution for mankind?

I really wonder

Ill am here

Which sanitarium didn’t I visit?

Which Medicine I try never?

My illness interminable

Don’t point your dirty fingers at me!

I spit with disgust at too death!

You coward!

Who will feed my family?

Which lucky fellow will share a bed with my wife?

Can I come with her?

You jealousy death!

No! Spare her

Let her live

Who will educate my kids?

Who will desiccate their tears?

Will they be robbed of my riches?

Clever you!

Like hell you defrauded my soul

I smoked, drunk and slept with every girl my heart wished

I thought I would live forever

You selfish beast!

How I wish I could disdain your stubborn hand


Gabriel Lapus (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment