Friday, February 6, 2009

MODERNITY

MODERNITY

People voluminous

Some in veer movement

I trembleBuildings too tall for my Village Hut

Pavements tarred

My bare feet perverse my need to walk

Them in inept state

Gabble only to bush paths

I touch a wallI can see inside!

God of the mountains bless my safe hut

Nobody sees me deep in daylight

Non interlopes when am with my wife

I hear soundSoft sound Sound from a black box in the street

Ngoma of the Ngoni?Kanaona of the Lozi?

It never is!

Is it for the white man in a cart?

A humming four wheeled cart?

I wonder

Maybe it’s from the far north,

Am in languorOh! I feel like an Eagle under pressure

Being forced to give its pride to a Bee Eater

Where do I start to seek my son?

Am lost in this wilderness of the city!


Gabriel Lapus-Copyright(2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment